1 Opening on 1st Shift: Tuesday-Friday, 10 hour days
Stop in and fill out an application at 810 E. St. Paul St. Litchfield, MN 55355
send resumes to Rebecca Nelson at Rebecca@irdglass.com
A Machinist will ensure the efficient running of production by continuously developing and improving programming, tooling, machine set ups and process flow. A Machinist will also operate, complete machine setups and maintain various types of machinery. Quality checks to maintain conformity is crucial. Analysis of data from the process, quality checks and part specifications are important to continuous improvement.
Further Description of Job Duties:
- Uphold IRD’s values: Teamwork, Passion and integrity
- Set-up, adjust and operate various machines: CNC machines, mills, lathes, Blanchard, lap master, polisher, saws, hand lap, ultrasonic, bevel, belt sander and more as assigned. Monitor and adjust machine feed and speeds on multiple machines and processes at the same time.
- Writing, editing and troubleshooting programs for CNC and other machines from blueprint and other engineering documentation. Programming measurement probes and writing code for the variable.
- Proactively identifying problems with machine set up and programming. Determining and actively develop fixturing and tooling for production and engineering. Support projects from planning through end product.
- Effectively communicate with engineering, management, and manufacturing personnel. Assess the production needs for the period. Adapt to changes in demand/responsibilities as requested by a lead.
- Perform and record quality control measurements with various tools. Enter accurate information into log books, spreadsheets and on work orders.
- Calculating dimensions and tolerances. Ensure calibration of inspection equipment is up to date. Perform Quality measurements.
- Follow safety measures including handling chemicals safely and wearing PPE.
- Perform the required preventative maintenance operations for machines, fixtures and devices in your area
- Collect, analyze, and document key process data in order to facilitate continuous improvements on both products and machines.
- Programming machines
- Running multiple machines/processes at the same time
- Part Preparation
- Quality measurements using a variety of tools
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Troubleshooting machine issues
- Communication with other team members
- Accurately entering data
- Other work as needed for the betterment of the area and company
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life Insurance-company paid and additional voluntary
- Short Term and Long Term Disability 100% company paid
- 401k with company match
- Identity Theft insurance
While performing the duties of this job an employee is standing 6 to 12 hours a day and regularly working around moving mechanical parts with proper guarding. The work is done in a climate controlled building. Noise levels are moderate and below OSHA thresholds. Various chemicals are used to complete the tasks at hand and proper PPE must be worn. Regular lifting up to 30 pounds and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Sometimes lifting from floor to shelf or carrying short distances. Regularly walking between machines to complete tasks and occasionally going up and down a short ladder or step stool.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of basic machine operation, tools and measurement devices
- Manufacturing/mechanical experience
- Machinist degree or certification from a college, higher related degree or applicable on the job training and experience
- Familiarity with Blueprints/reading specifications
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Ability to work with small parts and tools
- Ability to discuss topics and communicate effectively with team members
- Problem Solving
- Mechanical ability
- Basic Computer skills
- Written and Verbal Communication skills
Questions Contact Rebecca@irdglass.com
IRD Glass is an Equal Opportunity Employer