In Christian theology, charity is one of the seven virtues. It was understood by Thomas Aquinas as “the friendship of man for God” and that which “unites us to God.” It is central to Christianity and therefore central to what we do at IRD Glass.
We donate 10% of our year’s profits to charity and have given scholarships to employees and their families for over 30 years.
This year we tried something that we hope will become another IRD tradition: We gave each IRD employee $20 so they could share with someone in need or a worthy organization of their choice.
Below are just a few of the places our employees paid it forward!
- Local pharmacy to help cover prescriptions when customers are short
- Christmas Angel gifts for needy families
- Youth group mission trip
- Homeless person
- Friend needed a new car battery
- The Humane Society of Meeker & Kandiyohi Counties
- Helping out struggling co-workers
- Common Cup Ministries
- LAMP (Litchfield Area Mentorship Program)
- Friend’s Go Fund Me for medical expenses
- Local police officer working Christmas
About IRD Glass
For over 36 years, IRD Glass has done things that virtually no one else has with glass and ceramics. Our engineers use state-of-the-art sapphire machining equipment to achieve exemplary parallelism and typical flatness of 1/4 to 1/10 wave flatness, while also reducing cycle time, reducing variations, and eliminating defects and waste.
We manufacture numerous sapphire components, custom sapphire windows up to 8” in diameter, and stock sapphire windows, which are available with:
- Next-day shipping
- Significant cost savings compared to custom small volume production
- Immediate small volume pricing—useful when incorporating into your own quotes/ budget
Ready to order? Start Your Quote